It's my pleasure to have Liz Newman here with us today to answer a few questions about her writing.
1) What name do you write under? Liz Newman
2) What Genre do you write? I write historical, fantasy, contemporary, and paranormal fiction with strong romantic elements
3) Tell me about your latest book you’re promoting? The New Orleans Way is a historical romance released by Secret Cravings Publishing in both trade paperback and eBook. The novel is now on sale for a limited time on Amazon in Kindle format for the low price of only .99.
The book is set in the 1890s when New Orleans was on the verge of becoming the wonderful cultural haven that it is today. The manors of the Garden District and the French Quarter were being built and many of them still stand, electricity was first introduced, and the city's cuisine was blossoming with the blend of flavors and influences that have withstood the test of time. This was a time at the end of the influence of the Victorian age, when the many aspects of New Orleans that are its very signature began to burgeon.
Here is a summary of the book:
Everything comes at a price. Love. Security. Even happiness.
On the day of her debutante ball, Rosemarie Kuhn is heralded at "The Next Great Lady of New Orleans." Despite her love for the lowborn private detective Michael Hennessy, she is betrothed by her mother to marry General George C. Boas. Spurned by the general and a false marriage certificate, she guns him down in front of his favorite tavern at St. Anthony Street. With her family's income in jeopardy, her home is turned into a casino for high class patrons funded by the first families who brought The Mafia to the United States. As her love for detective Michael Hennessy grows, she is torn from her desire for him and the promise she made to her dying mother.
4) What is your favorite part of writing? My favorite part about writing is crafting a story that grows out of an idea. I love reading the finished product. The story always grows into something different than it's original genesis. The creative process is a unique journey to follow with every story, and there is always a new journey to be taken when the next book begins.
5) What is one tip you would give a writer just starting out? Write, then rewrite, rewrite, rewrite; no matter how scary it is. A story is like a diamond; it needs to be refined. Your editor at the publishing house will tell you when it's truly done, but until that wonderful moment, it is up to the writer to make the book whatever he or she believes is absolutely perfect.
6) Blog or Website address? www.lizrnewman.net
7) Buy Links -
Sweet Cravings Publishing
Leave a comment and win some swag! Blog tour participants are eligible to win one of three five dollar Amazon gift cards, a signed eBook of The New Orleans Way in trade paperback, an eBook of The New Orleans Way, bookmarks, pens, and other fun stuff. Winners will be announced on September 15th.